Our church is about to leave the building… and it’s time to sign up to participate!
As you may have heard, on September 28, we’ll meet at the Pleasant Valley campus for a quick worship service… and then we'll “leave the building” and head out into the community to do mission work.
Worship will take place at 9:00am, mission activities will begin at 9:30am, and we’ll all gather back at the PV campus for lunch at 11:30am. It’s going to be a great day!
We’ll have childcare available for kids age 5 and younger… and we’ll have mission projects for all other age groups. There will be indoor mission projects as well as those that will take us outside.
You can review the list of projects, sign up to participate and reserve childcare here.
We are also looking for a few leaders to head up several of our projects. If you would like to lead in one of these areas, please let me know.
This event is a great way to introduce friends, family members and neighbors to our church… so please invite anyone who might be interested in helping out!
I’m so excited for this event… and I hope you are too!
P.S. One of our indoor mission projects will be to assemble health kids for the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR). The list of items for these kits is below. Please bring any of these items to either campus, and we’ll make sure they’re available for assembly on September 28.
Health Kit Items
The Church has left the Building 9/28
Health kits provide basic necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disaster. Health kits are also used as learning tools in personal hygiene, literacy, nutrition, and cooking classes.
The following items are needed to assemble the Health Kits; all items must be new and not washed.
- 1 hand towel- 15” x 25” to 17”x 27” kitchen, cleaning and microfiber towels not acceptable
- 1 wash cloth
- 1 comb- comb needs to be sturdy and at least 8” long no pocket combs or picks please rat tail combs and combs without handles are acceptable
- 1 metal nail file or clipper- no emery boards or toenail clippers please
- 1 bath size soap- 3 oz. and larger only no Ivory soap and do not remove from original packaging
- 1 toothbrush- adult size only do not remove from original packaging
- 6 adhesive bandages- ¾” to 1 “ size common household band aids
- 1 plastic bag- one gallon size sealable bags only and $1.00 to purchase toothpaste