Last Sunday was a blast!
Here are some of the stats from “The Church Has Left The Building” that are worth celebrating:
- We had 70 participants… 52 adults and 18 kids.
- We assembled 108 health kits for UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief).
- We made 10 blankets that will go to Jonathan’s Place and Children’s Medical Center.
- We wrote over 50 cards to leaders of Sachse and Wylie, police, fire and military personnel.
- We cleaned up Muddy Creek Preserve in Wylie and Sachse, and Heritage Park and our own church property.
- We cleaned up the Wylie Cemetery.
- We brought a Sachse home in disrepair up to city code, which involved cutting grass, boarding up windows, removing a broken wheelchair ramp, and trimming and removing trees.
- We had an awesome lunch on our campus for all of our wonderful volunteers!
It just goes to show you that when we all work together, amazing things can be accomplished… even in one morning!
As you can see, I’ve included a few pictures within this post to share with you all.
Speaking of working together, there’s no way this event could have been pulled off without the help from some great crew leaders. A special thanks goes out to Robert Knappage, Lessa White, Rhonda Harden, Pam Adgate, Kerry Andersen, Trudy McCarter, Anne & Tony Graves, and Linda Worland for their hard work in leading each of these community-focused projects.
The next community outreach that our church will be participating in is Woodbridge’s National Night Out, which will take place on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 from 5:00 - 9:00 pm at Stone Park.
We’re looking for volunteers to help set up and monitor the bounce house and serve snow cones. Please email me if you’ll be available to participate in this event.
Thanks for all you do for our church and community. Invite others to join us this Sunday!